Welcome to the Jerusalem Scrabble Club
COME PLAY WITH US … VISITORS ALWAYS WELCOME!
Director: David Litke, 050-535-1800, firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS WEEK AT THE CLUB…
*** Season 73: Wk 11 of 25 – January 15, 2019 ***
|A new Puzzle of the Week (POW) appears at the bottom of this page|
The spirit of South Pacific pervaded the Club this week…or at least one of its songs did. Dahlia’s opponent revealed himself as “simply a cockeyed optimist” — challenging each of her four bingos, despite losing every challenge. She was certain about OUTBRAVE, OVERMUCH and RIVETTED. RESALUTE was a calculated risk. Her luckless opponent read it as a misspelling of determined, rather than repeating a gesture of respect, and issued his challenge… § The dictionary is generally discerning about RE- as a prefix, and generally hands it out judiciously. RESALUTE may be among the exceptions, along with REEARN and, worse still, REREPEAT….
WWW: Joan, Marilyn, Nechama, DavidS
WOW: RADIATOR(Paul), JUBILEE(Joel), OBLASTS/MUEZZIN(Taffy), BOUTIQUE(Hilda), PALINODE(DavidS)
PHOW: LENTIGOS(Liran), DOWNINGS(Steve)
Stats (high win, high loss, high triple):
A: 593(DavidS), 424(Dahlia), 1468(DavidS)
B1: 506(Hilda), 393(JudyM), 1238(Hilda)
B2: 424, 376, 1126 (Lesley, Lesley, Lesley)
Hilda: BOUTIQUE, 221 pts.
(****) POW #20 – 2018 December 27 (credit: Asher S)
- ‘Street Fighters’ video game manufacturer
- Moon missions
- Section in greeting-card aisle
- Round cushiony chairs
- Cake glazer
- It’s got excuse written all over it
- Text message pic
- More meek
- Metal medal
- Third word in a song
- Claim with confidence
- Dead Sea Scrolls scribe
- This February first, 1,15,17,21,60 and 64 across, and 1,10,40,41,45, and 50 down will officially be added to this for use in 39 Across
- Palms, perhaps
- This year is this game’s 70th anniversary!
- Rabbit-ear antiques
- Eastern belief
- Crooner Kitt
- Open up to doc
- Kia’s alternative to On-Star
- Optimist’s approach
- Fries size
- ____ best you can be!
- Soup, in Spanish
- Said goodbye
- Blur produced by out-of-focus lens
- Security guard, slangily
- Fad toy that drove moms mad
- Completely miss the point?
- Universe’s building block
- Sore spot?
- SEAL carriers
- KFC competitor
- ‘City of Bones’ author Cassandra
- Type of linear regression, for short
- Ghostly grumbling
- Eye sores
- Underwear ender?
- Greeting to a long-lost friend you just bumped into
- CEO’s private planes
- Nose raisers
- Small-town sign
- Spread around
- ___ corn (Farm food)
- Rock influence
- River valley
- Navy group with insect insignia
- Gov. agcy. that Republicans love to hate
- Golfer David
- Retirement age in Rome?
- Types of Lego bricks
- Live at ____ (Grammy-nominated Matisyahu album)
- Hole in a cell
- Type of computer virus that’s hard to remove
- Baseball blunder
- Venezuelan capital
- Toy on the prairie?
- Those not woke to the conspiracy
- Blood donation designation
- Fix the blouse, again
- Addis _____ (Ethiopian city)
- Bloody starter
- Short, for short
- Number after due
This and all previous POWs may be found in the Puzzle of the Week (POW) Archive